Monday, March 12, 2012

Wow, Day 19

Counting down the days sure makes this thing feel like it is speeding towards me.  Isn't it funny how in the beginning it can seem so far away, that it seems like it will never get here, then bam, it's on the door step.

I'm going to head to work early to see if l can get a few things organized for the new job.  I  need to enter some things on my laptop, and at the end of the day, after driving in rush hour traffic, l really don't feel like doing it when l am at home.  I'm glad l didn't go to work early yesterday, for one, the building didn't Spring ahead and the elevators would have been on key card access when l would have arrived (l don't have a key card since l'm supposed to be on the road) and second, our office changed the door code to access our offices.  They fired two people, and that is standard procedure.

I'm lucky that it's March Break this week, so rush hour traffic isn't too bad, but it still takes me over 50 minutes in the morning to get there since l leave at 6:30 am to beat the traffic, and an hour 20, to get home.  That's over two hours a day l spend in traffic...what a waste of time!

1 comment:

  1. I don't miss those long commuting days one bit! I used to think I could walk there faster than my car took me during rush hour.

    You're under the 3 week mark and you must be getting really excited. I know I'm excited for you! Have you given them the axe yet?

    ReplyDelete