Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 25 Start 'er up

I have an appointment booked this morning to fix my starter.  I bought the part on Saturday, but today is the day for the fix.

Yesterday l had to crawl under the van 3 separate times to lightly tap the starter to get the van to start.  That was fun.   l'm so thankful that it started each time with ease after the little nudge from the hammer.  While it's in the shop l'm going to get them to change the thermostat also.  I'm not sure if it's on its way out, but l think it is.  So better to be safe then sorry.

****

I just got out of the mechanics.  Starters in, new thermostat is in.  He also repaired the spout on the water pump, so l can avoid buying a new one.  So, $300 and 3 hours later, Fiona is running great.  I will put my hammer back in my tool box instead of beside my drivers seat.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Woot!

    When you said you bought the starter I had this vision of you under the van putting it in also. Made me feel like I have so much to learn.

    Glad it's all better and that the other stuff got fixed too. 25 days and counting for you....

    ReplyDelete