Thursday, March 1, 2012

31 Days until lift off

I'm expecting the next 31 days to be a bit of a roller coaster ride.  I will be going through exhileration at the thought of getting on the road, and a big case of the nerves of ....you guessed it, getting on the road.

I have experienced this before, about 10 years ago when l took a trip in my car around the USA.  I was so excited about going, and then about a week before l was to leave l remember getting a big case fo the nerves.  I even called a friend of mine who is was a world traveller to much more exotic places for longer periods of time (Asia, South America both for a year at a time) with just a backpack.

She assured me that the nerves are normal.  That knowledge in itself was very comforting and helped me relax.  It ended up being a good trip, and a small trial run for this adventure/lifestyle.  I slept in reststops and Walmart parking lots along the way as well as Hostels.  I will enjoy the experience of travelling with my home much more, l am sure.

It might be a bit of a challenge getting all packed and organized (with small van modifications done) before the end of March, so l have allowed myself a week in April after my Palm Desert trip to apply myslef to wrapping up my current life.

2 comments:

  1. Tammy you're doing great! You're a real inspiration to me and I'm so excited to watch you launch your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! I'm pretty excited too.

    ReplyDelete