Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 22, 21 and 20

Day 22 - Lending a hand to a Friend

Saturday, l spent the day helping a friend build the closets for his house.  Well actually, get the wood ready for the assembly.  We were at a friends of his work shop and were cutting and putting the edges( the finished edges that are glued on the cut ends) on the shelves.  I kept joking with him that he was putting big enough closets together for "Kate plus 8".  He was doing his and her closets for the master bedroom, two linen closets.

We had an assembly line going, C was cutting the 4 x 8 sheets of plywood.  J (my friend) was running them thru the machine to put the tape on them.  And l was sanding and cutting  the excess tape and taking the excess glue off.  I was there about 7 hours, l then went to visit my Grandpa for a couple of hours.

Day 21 - Cleaning the Van

The weather man was right.  It was a very nice day, sunny and around 58 degrees.  It was gorgeous.

I spent the day in the my van.  I was equipped with a bucket of soapy water and a bottle of fantastic.  It was great being in there when it was warm.  I flipped the sofa/ bed down, measured it and actually think l will keep it as is for now.  I trashed the foam mattress in the overhead bunk. Cleaned all the cupboards, lined them with shelf paper. Yanked down the lace curtains - not my style....lol.  Scrubbed the stove top, cleaned the fridge.  It was all in pretty good condition, l just wanted it all cleaned.

I wonder who thought shag carpeting in a camper van was a good idea?  It's been ripped out of the rear part and a cheap cracking laminate is down now.  Up front is still shag, and of course the Dog House is covered about half way up with shag too.

The flooring project will come in April before l take off, and will include new flooring in the back and front.

 

Day 20 - Yuck!

I don't want to go to work.  Only 20 more days though....l can do it, l can do it......:-)

1 comment:

  1. You're making great progress and yeah... who's idea is it to put shag carpeting in those things? I'm sure you'll come up with a better solution soon.

    ReplyDelete