Friday, December 9, 2011

Spam Comments

[caption id="attachment_357" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Not Just for Lunch Kids!"][/caption]

I woke up this morning to 20 spam comments.  I have had a trickle of spam comments before, but this was by far the highest amount of spam l have received here.  They really are quiet funny.  The sayings they put in as their comments are a dead give-away that they are indeed spam and English is not their first language.

Example; "A rolling stone is worth two in the bush" as a comment.  Ummm...it's "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

And of course, simple spelling mistakes.  Spelling mistakes on their own are not a give away that it is spam, but grouped with a wonky e-mail address and goofy sayings that don't really apply to the topic where they left their comments earns them a smack at the "delete" key by me.

I'm not really sure why they spam blogs, maybe someone can enlighten me?
Not just for Lunch Anymore Kids!

3 comments:

  1. You're using Wordpress right? Make sure you have Askimet turned on and active and it will filter out most of them before you even know they're there.

    Spam is just part of internet reality unfortunately... people trying to get free backlinks to their own (probably spammy) websites to up their search engine rank.

    By the way I get lots of spam on my Wordpress blogs but virtually none on my blogger one. Interesting huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have Askimet turned on. Thanks! I can handle 20, l've heard of some getting 2500 in a day without the Askimet. lol

    Funny how blogger doesn't get as many, or none.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dunno. We started our blogs around the same time but you've had about twice as many page views as me. Maybe that has something to do with it.

    Honestly I just can't figure out the internet :P

    ReplyDelete