Friday, December 23, 2011

Not Enough Time in a Day

Wow....l left the house at 6:30 this morning.  And l am just getting back in now at 10 pm-ish.  Long day, and l still feel like l needed to get more done.  It was all a complete rush today.  I ended up having lunch at 8pm, that's how busy l was.

I got to the office at 7:30, worked on paperwork and getting my deal ready to be summited.  Then was recruited to be 'camera man' for a video my office is putting together (obviously - amateur).  All the while, l was looking at my watch thinking, l gotta get out of here and go pick up my van.  Finally at 1:30 pm l was able to high tail it out of there.

Only to hit RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.  What??!!  At 2 in the afternoon.  But of course, everyone got out of work early today.  I had to go to two banks to get my cash for the van.  Of course, it's Christmas and the banks were running out of money and could only give me half of what l needed, hence the two banks.

Then l drove the 2 1/2 hours to get to my van.  Local would have been much easier, just not in the cards.  Got it licensed, with only a 1/2 hour to spare.  And the licencing agent was super friendly and all of them were in great moods...me included.  Chatted with the now previous owners for a bit then drove back, in the dark, so, no pictures.  Sorry.  It will be on my agenda for tomorrow.  Promise.

 

2 comments:

  1. Ok I gotta ask..... How'd you get your car and the van back at the same time? Did someone go with you? Or am I missing something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not missing something. I'm going to take the train out there after Christmas and being my car back. It's such a busy time of year, and so far, l wasn't asking anyone to drive me, as it was it took 7 hours round trip!

    ReplyDelete