Monday, November 21, 2011

Creston, British Columbia

[caption id="attachment_255" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Quiet Snow Covered Street in Creston, BC"][/caption]

 

Creston is Beautiful.  They say a lot of people retire here from Alberta,  I can understand why.  Mountains surround the town, and they are closer then the mountains in Gunnison, Colorado.  The mountains have more trees, so imagine how pretty it was today when the snow came and settled on all the evergreens up the mountain side.  Beautiful.

With that snow came the tricky driving.  I tried taking a run up a hill,  it wasn't even that steep, but my rental Mazda 3 was not having any of it.  The traction control pretty much stalled me half way up the hill.  I had to back down and find another way out.

We got about 5 inches today. There are mixed messages about tomorrow.  Some are saying rain, and some are saying 12 inches of snow.  I hope the rain wins out, only because l am here to work, and my time is limited.  Selfish, l know.  lol

2 comments:

  1. How about they both delay until you're gone? I'd place my weather order for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can try placing that order, but l'm afraid it may land on deaf ears!!!!

    ReplyDelete