Sunday, April 1, 2012

55 degrees at 6am

Boy, Las Vegas had some windy gusts last night.  The day is to continue windy with a high of 69 degrees, the sun is shining (yeah!).  No snow in sight.

The plane ride was uneventful last night, and checking through the security and the customs was a breeze in Toronto.  Not nearly as busy as during the week when l usually travel out of Toronto Airport.  Not that l will be doing that anymore, anyways.  Not my problem, but someone's else's.

Last night after l got to the hotel, l moseyed up to a "lunch counter" at about 12:30 am Vegas time and treated myself to a steak and eggs dinner.  Yeah, l know, 9 hours late (since it was 3am Eastern time) l had had a late lunch and never had dinner.  I might have sat at a table, but the restaurant was hopping at that time of the night.  My dinner cost me  a whopping $3.95.  Wait, with tax a total of $4.27.  It was a decent size steak, 2 eggs, has browns and toast.

Vegas isn't know for their crazy food deals anymore, so that was a treat.

Not sure what l will be doing today.  I've seen the strip a few times, so that's not drawing me.  And l will be driving through the desert tomorrow on my way to Palm Springs.  I might just hang outside catch some vitamin D and read my manual for my new job.  I've got to gear up for the conference and refresh myself on the things l learned on policy and procedures a month and a half ago.

 

2 comments:

  1. On your way Tammy..... can you feel the buzz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun to see the Conservatory at Bellagio. They change it every season and and since Easter is next weekend, I'm sure there will be a rabbit to be seen somewhere around!

    And, the Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace is always fun to walk through.

    I just finished a 3 day drive to Tennessee to see family and will return to the desert in May. Have fun in Palm Springs!

    MarkInTennessee

    ReplyDelete