Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One Less Mouse In This World

Here's how it went down.  It's a beautiful morning, the sun is shining, l'm sitting in the parking lot of the Courtyard Marriott, using their wi-fi signal for some Internet surfing.  The van door is open so the Kitties can come and go as they please to this grassy area with trees that l am parked beside.

I'm totally distracted and don't notice Charlie come into the van.  All of a sudden l hear a very uncharacteristic growling.  I look up and Tommy is trying to get close to Charlie (she is by the toilet in the rear)....who happens to have brought a Mouse into the van.  It was still alive, if only for a few minutes. 

Charlie was having none of the "sharing" that Tommy wanted.  She quickly took the mouse back outside (Yeah for me!) and devoured that sucker in under five minutes.  It's been a while since she has caught a mouse or a bird, so it must have been a real treat for her.

I'm happy the carnage happened outside.

3 comments:

  1. You have to feed them better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, l will do many things for my cats but stocking mice for their snacks is a 'no go' for me. LOL

      Currently they have dry food available to them to snack on all day/night long, and they get the wet food in the morning when Tommy wakes me up for it.

      Maybe next life....l can some back as a cat. Life is good for my kitties. :-)

      Delete
  2. Some cats have more of the "wild" instincts then others. Apparently Charlie is one of them. I had a few kittys bring them home and dump them a few ate them. Has really nothing to do with diet.

    ReplyDelete