Saturday, October 20, 2012

I'm Having A Hard Time

Getting up the gumption to go to work has been really hard for me.  My boss is a bit of a boob.  I work at a restaurant as a server.  I love the (usually) stress free aspect of the job.  I don't have to take work home with me, l don't have to hit targets.  It is what it is.

My boss the 'boob' made his money in a different business and decided that he was going to "play restaurant".  You know, kind of like how we played "store" when we were kids.  Just because we liked the idea of ringing up the cash register, didn't mean we should own a store.

This guy shouldn't  own a restaurant.  For all those people out there that think they want to own a bar or a restaurant, please, please, please work in one first and see what it's really like.  It's not all fun and games.

I think l need to find another job....or l might just get tempted to say F*** It and pack up and go.  Which would be OK with me, but goes against my plan.

5 comments:

  1. You sound like me about now, not because my boss is in the wrong business but because I've hit the limit of my tolerance for it.

    Problem is I don't have a stable secondary source of income (yet) so I feel trapped. Hate that feeling :/

    Keep us posted and if you head this way hey... you can have my job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy,
    They have restaurants in places with better weather too.
    All you need is food and gas.
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy:
    I am with Suz, head south. You are 19 hours and $420 away from Salt Springs Florida in the Ocala National Forest at 11 miles per US gallon, hoping Fiona does better. And there are lots of stealth camping places on the way, no hurry.

    Any catalytic heater makes me very nervous in an enclosed space like an RV so I would rather that you drive than use the heater.

    Heading south may not be an option if the bank wants monthly input.

    If you have to stay find someone with a driveway and use electric heat, not inexpensive but so much safer. If you have shore power then the propane furnace is also OK if you don't mind the loud fan. And a proper RV furnace is safe and does not add moisture to the inside, unlike a catalytic heater.

    I have serious window covers with insulation and double pane windows in my 24 foot.

    On the job front, my daughter is only 21 but has served for many years now, she tells me that she only works in high class places now not family diners. With Xmas coming and your experience you should find lots of work, the economy in the US is coming back, ours should do the same.

    BTW no way you should consider Option #3 on the previous job discussion, you cannot give up your freedom.

    Good luck
    OffRoadCruiser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Everyone, about as far south that l can legally work in the restaurant biz is Windsor, Ontario, Canada. :-(

    As much as l wish l could head south, if l was a US citizen, you could count on it!!!

    I'm resisting the temptation right now because l don't want to have to go back to work once l stop again.

    As far as restaurants go, the hiring trend seems to be young, blond and partially Naked! LOL While l am blond, l am neither young, nor plan to dress half naked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta go with you on the no half naked thing. LOL. Forgive my ignorance of Canada... are there chains like Cracker Barrel and IHOP, etc., up there? A friend of mine works at Cracker Barrel and they tend to hire "senior" waitstaff (my friend's word, not mine, I promise) and have benefits. I'm not sure about benefits at IHOP or others but maybe it's something to consider as an option. ?? Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete