Sunday, October 14, 2012

Buying A Buddy

Yep, l've gotta buy some friends to keep me warm.  And make sure you call him Mister!

I'm going to buy a Mr. Buddy heater to warm the van on cold nights.  Others have recommended it on their blogs.  The great thing about Mr. Buddy is he doesn't require battery power to heat.  My furnace is a battery power hog (so l'm told), not that l have run my battery dry (yet), but l certainly don't want to do it when it's -20 out.

The candles are doing well for now, and l am using the furnace too.  The other night it got down to below freezing.....burrrrr.  When l'm sleeping all wrapped up, the cold doesn't bother me, l just can't be sleeping all day and night!

8 comments:

  1. I also hear the Mr. Buddy is great. I bought a coleman. The one that just takes the chill off. The propane last about 14 hours and thats why I bought it. We will see about Mr. there if it doesn't work too well. Does the candle really take the chill off or do they really warm you up? Any kind of candle? Thats interesting because I would think the flame would be small. Anyways stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candle helps, but it certainly isn't a heater.

      Delete
  2. I use a Buddy. It works great in a 22 foot class c. I also have a connector and hose that connects it to my propane tank in the RV. One other thing you can do is get the adapter that lets you refill the little bottles from a bigger tank. I have a 10 lb tank that I carry for that purpose and connected the Buddy to that as well before I got the fittings to connect directly to the RV propane tank.

    But I have to think it won't be enough all winter in someplace like Canada. (Mexico is calling me for sure)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of refilling the little bottle from the bigger one. What kind of attachment do you need for that? Those little bottles are pretty expensive here and that's the only reason I wasn't too keen on getting one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you could refill those either. I'm getting the buddy that will hook up to a larger propane tank (refills on propane only $10)

      Delete
  4. Good for you! Stay safe and warm Ms. Tammy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from Glen at To Simplify. Looking forward to following your journey.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete