Sunday, July 22, 2012

Drunk Monkey

Well, even though l just posted on my blog last night that l was glad to be back in my home town so l can be close to family and friends, l have a drunk monkey dancing in my head.  I've experienced a couple of less then superior shifts at work the last week or so, and l am a bit frustrated.

The term drunk monkey is a little monkey that has gotten into the liquor cabinet and taken up residence in my brain.  Causing all kinds of ruckus, sending ideas to ponder, and possible act on.

This little bastard has gotten into my head and is whispering to me that maybe l should think about moving to Calgary, Alberta.  Why?  Change of scenery?  Something new?  Better job?  I don't know.

My problem is that usually once this bastard is lodged in my brain, l need a major distraction to either get me off the idea, or to really distract me so that l don't sit and take action.

The good thing is that my home is mobile.  But that could also be a bad thing...since l can just start the engine up and leave, anytime.......

1 comment:

  1. Is he a drunk monkey or a smart monkey?

    It's not like you have a career there, right? So why not see what Alberta has to offer. Or hey, you can come here and take my job as I'm quitting after the next expo! If he lets me that is :)

    ReplyDelete