Wednesday, June 6, 2012

They Are Looking Up Fiona's Skirt

Fiona the Van is up on the hoist at my friendly mechanics'.  It's so nice to know you are being looked after, isn't it.  By people you trust.

The tow truck came last night, and tried to boost me last night, for about 15 minutes.  The bad news, it didn't work.  The good news, it might be the battery that is the problem.  My battery would take enough juice to and least crank for a second.  Since it would crank, the starter is good.

This morning l was sitting in the parking lot in Fiona waiting for the shop to open, having a tea, reading a book, all while at home, how cool is that.

Anyways, the mechanic put one of those little booster packs on the battery (the kind that my friend J has been telling me l need for the past 3 years - l used to have one, but not for a while; obviously), and she started right up.  I explained to the mechanic that the tow truck driver tried boosting it last night and he said, it's not the first time that he has had the power pack boost when a jump from another vehicle won't work.  Good to know.

I'll keep you posted (pun intended)

2 comments:

  1. Hey where did the Kindle post go? I've been looking into buying a used one, simply because my eyes no longer focus well on tiny print (and readers don't help).

    I hope they get Fiona buzzing along in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah....l was planning on posting it when l didn't have anything else to post...lol....l think it's scheduled for tomorrow....it was only up for 1/2 hour...and you caught it!!!

    ReplyDelete