Monday, June 25, 2012

Disconcerting

I wonder if l will ever get used to waking up in the morning and having to take a millisecond to remember/ figure out where l am.

My immediate surroundings are the same.  I am safe in my van, l have my little sink and stove to my left, my cosy pillows under me and my blanket (depending on the weather) wrapped around me.  It's the view outside the window that changes.

Sometimes it's the same view, just from a different angle.  It really is bizarre.  I used to wake up and look outside my bedroom window and check out the weather, was the sun shining, was it rainy?  Did l over sleep?  Did l have to go to work that day.

Now it's somewhat the same, however added to the mix is, do l have to move the van right away?  Where did l park last night?  Kind of funny and bizarre in it's own way.

2 comments:

  1. In my ideal world I'm a night person and the idea of van living and having to move in the early AM has been on my mind lately. I suppose I could just park where I can stay until I'm ready to go, or line up a "day spot" before I go to sleep for the night.

    How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a guilty complex which l battle with. I always think someone might come and knock on my door, but they don't.

    The walmart where l stay most of the time could care less l suppose. This morning l was there until just after the noon hour.

    I noticed that a fifth wheel has unhooked and not moved there for two days....and here l am worried sometimes that l am there until 9am. I think my guilty is unfounded.

    ReplyDelete