Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Checked Into A Campground

I checked into a campground yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks.
I needed to dump my black tank and it would have cost $12.00 ( black tanks lasted 2 weeks), where as for $34.00 l could stay the night, be hooked up to electricity, free Wi-Fi (not that that is an issue, since it's pretty widely available in my area), run the Air-Conditioner (we are in the 100-120 degree range with the humidex) it's pretty sticky and energy zapping.

Run the Fridge on electric - freeze some bottles of water!

Having a real shower is not such a big deal since l belong to a gym now and l shower there daily, but being able to park and stay and not move the van from place to place is a big deal.

And mostly lets the cats run free for the day and do some house keeping.

2 comments:

  1. That's very cool Tammy. Is this s one-night deal or are you going to stay a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed just the one night. Last night l stayed at my sisters, probably would have been cooler to stay in the van once the temperature dropped at night.

    The cats are going to stay at my sisters until Friday morning since we are having a heat wave and l don't want to leave them unattended in the van Thurday while l am at work.

    ReplyDelete