Saturday, January 14, 2012

If you live in fear, it's just not living!

I attached these photo's on Facebook today.  I was surprised by some peoples reaction.  Their reaction was fear.  Fear that if they travelled by ship, this might happen to them.

[caption id="attachment_530" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Tear in the side of a cruise ship"][/caption]

 

 

I have been on a number of cruises over the years.  I've travelled by plane, train, automobile and by ship.  Never have l felt scared that l may not arrive at my destinations. That perhaps l was taking my life into my own hands.   If anything, l was excited about the possibilities of the trip, not just the destination, but about the journey.

I can't imagine not doing something out of fear.  I won't bungee jump, it's not out of fear, l just have no desire to do it.  Now parachuting out of a plane, l would like to do that.  I think its the view and the floating sensation that attracts me to parachuting.  Bungee is too abrupt for me.

[caption id="attachment_528" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Cruise ship off the coast of Italy"][/caption]

One of my cruises l sat at a table in the dinning room of  a couple that had actually been on a cruise where the ship had sunk.  It was an Asian cruise and many years ago now.  They had a great story, and were very entertaining the whole trip and they were full of life.  It didn't scare them to get back on a ship.  They didn't travel with fear.

I think when you can live through moments that are scary, they actually make you stronger and more alive.

 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you!

    Feel the fear, acknowledge it, then release it and move forward. Life's too short so cower in corners.

    Cruises aren't really my thing though. Last one I was on I got bored in just a couple hours. Funny the different experiences we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wasn't scared. 'Til now! LOL. Just kidding. I agree. I love the book, "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway." But I don't think it applied to things like bungee jumping. ;)

    ReplyDelete