Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gotta Love Thrift Shops

Thrift shops are the bomb when it comes to buying paperback books.  Where else can you get good entertainment for hours for only a buck?

Of course a library is much cheaper, but considering l do finish my books when l'm on the road, the last thing l want to do it lug a library book around.  Thrift shops are the next best thing.  If l forget the book somewhere (in my hotel after check out, or on the plane) it's no major loss.

The only other place for cheap read is Chapters/Barnes & Noble or any of those chains that have those super comfortable chairs that you can sit in and read for an hour or two.  I just did that on Sunday.  A book that l have been meaning to grab, actually grabbed my attention when l popped in to the book store on Sunday.  'Wheat Belly', pretty interesting/compelling stuff.  Once l am in my van travelling with a kitchen and a fridge, l plan on cutting out the wheat in my diet.

 

1 comment:

  1. Well you know I cut the wheat (actually all grains) out a few months ago and I don't miss them at all.

    When I eat out I just order the burger sans bun, salad - hold the croutons, and please don't bring me any rolls. I often ask for extra veggies too and it works out great!

    The only down side is I haven't lost the weight I expected to. I mean it's coming off but in ounces rather than pounds. Ah well....

    ReplyDelete