Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

I woke up this morning to a very light dusting of snow.  I hear there are lots of places getting hit with Christmas snow,  however l am glad it's just a dusting for me.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

I'm going to be heading out soon for a kind of new family tradition (been 4 years now) of going down to a homeless shelter in Toronto and bringing coats and bag lunches for some people down on their luck.

Last night l baked cookies and made tuna sandwiches, my sister made egg sandwiches, the guys really appreciate them.  I know we should think of others less fortunate more often then just on Christmas, and l do help out the guy on the street corner, but Christmas is the big production.

I meet up with my cousins, distribute the loot, then we hit a McDonald's in the area for breakfast. 

We used to have a big family Christmas, but as all things, times change.  Our family has become very fractured.  It's kind of sad really, however it is what it is.

In the afternoon l will go visit my Grandpa in the hospital/retirement home.  My Aunt should be there, depending on the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment